OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Vigilant Resources Pvt Ltd recognises that excellence in the management of Occupational Health and Safety is an integral component of its mining and mineral processing operations. This Occupational Health and Safety Policy provides the foundation of the Company’s commitment to continuously improve Occupational Health and Safety performances and achievements.
AIMS OF THIS POLICY SHALL BE TO:
- Clearly state Vigilant Resources’ commitment and intent to manage and improve occupational health and safety.
- Provide a work environment which reflects Vigilant Resources’ duty of care towards the health and safety of its workforce
- Commit Vigilant Resources, as a mining and minerals processing business, to adhere to all relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Be guided by best practice and aim to continuously improve all our work processes and procedures to enhance a safe and health workplace.
- Adopt a culture where Zero Harm is achievable to all forms of life and maintained, guided by best practice.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS POLICY WILL BE TO COMMIT VIGILANT RESOURCES TO:
- Provide a working environment that is conducive to Occupational Health and Safety to all employees.
- Ensure that all employees are made conversant with the hazards associated with all tasks that they will be required to perform.
- Provide all employees with Training, Education and Understanding required to identify any hazardous condition or situation in their work areas and to take precautionary measures required to maintain a safe and healthy working place.
- Place the management of Occupational Health and Safety System as a prime responsibility and accountability of Management from Board of Directors to the CEO through to the First Line Supervisor at the workplace.
- Obtain employee involvement and consult with employees and their representatives to gain commitment in the implementation of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System and in so doing meet the objectives of this policy.
- Provide all necessary resources to enable compliance with this policy.
- Comply with all the relevant laws, regulations, and standards. In the absence of appropriate legislation standards reflecting best practice will be adopted.
- Adopt a zero-tolerance approach to the implementation of standards and procedures,
- Implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems based on internationally recognised standards and assess the effectiveness of these through periodic audits.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to minimise and control occupational hazards before work commences.
- Promote initiatives to continuously reduce the Occupational Health and Safety associated with our business activities.
- Set Occupational Health and Safety Objectives and measure performance against the plan.
- Monitor the effects of the company’s operational activities on the Occupational Health and Safety of employees and affected stakeholders.
- Provide the necessary Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment to all employees as and when deemed necessary.